Skip to content
FREE Delivery on orders over £100 (1-2 working days)
Click here for our Christmas/New Year opening times
Do my drinks cups need to be UKCA marked?

Do my drinks cups need to be UKCA marked?

Plastic Beer Cups

The UKCA (United Kingdom Conformity Assessment) mark is a new UK capacity verification mark.

It came into effect on the 1 January 2021 and is being phased in to replace most goods already stamped with the CE mark.

UKCA Marking Logo

Can I still use my CE Marked drinks cups?

Yes. You are still able to use cups, tumblers, glasses, and related products with the CE mark until 1 January 2023.

Is there anything I need to do?

Manufacturers and suppliers of goods should already be changing the old CE mark to the new UKCA mark, meaning you will not need to do anything.

It is important however, to make sure your cups are stamped with the UKCA mark from 1 January 2023, if the cups are to be used in licenced establishments, such as bars, pubs, restaurants, beer festivals etc.

This ensures that you are serving the correct measured amount and complies with laws on the service of alcohol. Failure to do so will result in penalties such as fines and even a prison sentence.

Here at Event Supplies, you can be confident in the appropriate markings for all drinks cups, glasses, and other drinkware. All glasses are CE marked and UKCA marked where applicable.

For more information about the regulation, please click here.

Previous article Q&A with Oystermen – the award-winning Covent Garden seafood restaurant
Next article Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Opening hours